Skip to main content

Planning to Shoot


   Ever wonder how your favorite photographers capture those magical moments? Those shots were planned days, weeks, months, and in some cases years in advance. In may instances a photographer will keep a journal of conditions or times to revisit certain locations.
     For me I plan my shots out to the next season. In the Spring, when I go to a particular location, I try to imagine what the Summer, Fall, and Winter scene will look like from that spot. I write it down and set reminders in a calendar a week or two in advance, to revisit that area. And, depending on the weather conditions this may even be a year or two away. Have you ever anticipated the bright colors of Fall to only wake up to a heavy rain fall? The leaves disappear almost over night. 
     Below are a couple of shots that it took me some time to get just the way I wanted them. From the type of light to the amount of water flowing over the waterfall. I by no means am calling these shots great but, I know that the photographers that I follow plan their shots. And now so do I... 


Comments

  1. What a great blog post today, I really enjoyed it. I think you've inspired me to consider this in my workflow as well. Thanks for taking the time to post this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is learning photography, this is very insightful for a young lady who has wanted to be a photographer since she was 10... I'll be sure to pass it on to her. Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog about photography is really nice.and this one is very useful to the photographers if you want a more information about photography
    visit once:
    http://blog.woovly.com/photography/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Addicted to taking photographs

     I wonder if I am the only person that must take photos on a regular basis. If there is a day that I don't hit the shutter on a camera, any camera, I just don't feel like my day is done. I love it. I am addicted to it. It calls my name. It's like a drug. It is my passion.      So I find myself carrying my Nikon D3 around with me all the time. Given the size of this unit, not an easy thing to do for the past 3 years. My friends have given the camera a nickname… “Precious”. They know that she comes before a lot of other things, and she is very important to my sanity.      Precious and I have been through a lot. We get out on a regular basis and explore. I can hardly tell she is on my back when we are out there away from civilization. That is, until I get back home and my backs stiff from carrying the extra weight.      She and I work like a team, and she is a great partner. The photos that we bring back are incredible. They are like the blue prints of w

Beauty In The Morning

As a photographer, I find it lucky to have an internal clock that gets me up at the crack of dawn every day. You see, I find this to be the best time of the day to take photos. The light is soft and everything that I capture seems to be just waking up to a new day, and I love it.  To me, it makes the day all the more special when you have the  opportunity  to be there when it begins. Cheers!